Lenten Devotionals for 2017: A leaflet entitled “Lenten Devotionals” is available for FPC families at the church entrances. Please take only one per family. These devotionals are wonderful for personal or family meditations during Lent.
Church School Teachers will meet on March 26th (not the 3rd Sunday of the month) at 9:30 in Room 301.
Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
Children’s Church School
Children will go to their third floor classrooms after the Moment with Young Worshipers. Our lesson: Jesus Heals Two Blind Men, is based on Matthew 20:29-34. Goal: To be assured that Jesus hears our cries for help. Children will remain in their classrooms to be picked up following Worship.
FPC Youth Group Schedule: March
If you have any questions about the FPC Youth Ministry, contact Rob Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 806-5196.
March 19 Richland FPC hosts (movie, part 2)
March 26 Kalamazoo FPC hosts
The New Wilmington Mission Conference
This is an amazing conference for all ages, and all ages are welcome.
- WHEN – July 22-29
- WHERE – New Wilmington, PA (campus of Westminster College)
- WHAT – NWMC combines the fun and outdoors of summer camp, the education and networking of a conference, and the opportunity to get involved in hands-on service, into one great week that will surely make a difference in your life. Youth will be exposed to mission opportunities near and far. There is an emphasis on how to be involved in mission right now, as well as a challenge to students to think about where God may use them in the future. Programming blends both learning about mission through simulations, speakers, and interaction with mission workers from around the world, and engaging in mission with service-project opportunities.
- COST – If this is your first time attending and if you participate in church-sponsored fundraising; you can attend the whole trip for only $50. If this is a return trip for you and you participate in church-sponsored fundraising, you may attend the conference for $150. Please sign up through the church so we can get the group rate!
A deposit of $50 is due by April 1. Thanks!
Thursday Morning Bible Study: March 23
For Lent (March 1—April 13), we will participate in the All-Church Read, based on the book Everything Belongs, by Richard Rohr. Coffee will be available at 9:30 am; the study begins at 9:45. New members are always welcome. Childcare is provided in Room 306.
All-Church Read for Lent
Members of the congregation are invited to be part of an All-Church Read for Lent, which began on Monday, March 6. Together we will read the book “Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer” by Richard Rohr, O.F.M.
In his book, Father Rohr offers a personal retreat for those who hunger for a deeper spiritual life, but don’t know what contemplation is. He helps us understand that intimacy with God cannot be achieved in the rational mind. By practicing contemplation, we learn not to reason better, but to see everything – including ourselves and other people – differently. As our perspective becomes wider, we discover that everything belongs.
You will have the opportunity to join existing groups or form a group of your own. Discussion on “Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer” will be offered at the following times:
- à Sunday Mornings: after Worship (March 12, 19; April 2, 9)
Facilitated by Seth Weeldreyer and Parish Associates
- à Monday Evenings (March 6—April 10)
Facilitated by Larry Boutelle (off site); limit – 8 persons
*** Please contact Larry Boutelle if you would like to join the group that will meet at his home, 1672 Tanager Lane, Kalamazoo, on Mondays in March, and on April 3 and 10 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Following our discussion, we’ll plan to have dinner (always an option) at a restaurant.
- à Tuesdays at noon (March 7—April 11)
Facilitated by Seth Weeldreyer
- à Thursdays at 9:30 (March 9—April 13) During Women’s Bible Study;
Facilitated by Pat Stromsta
Books will be available for a requested donation of $10.00 at the FPC office reception desk, from the facilitators, or they can be purchased online at Amazon.com. (ISBN :978-0-8245-1995-7)