We will post any and all job postings here as they arise with Kalamazoo First Presbyterian Church.
First Presbyterian Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan
First Presbyterian Church has an immediate opening for a part-time (25 hour/week) custodian to provide maintenance and custodial services for the church building and grounds. This is an evening and weekend position.
- To engage with the congregation and other users of the building in a welcoming and professional manner, dressed appropriately, supporting activities in our facility.
- To set up, with the assistance of the Building Superintendent, room arrangements, tables, chairs, audio-visual and other equipment, including ability to lift moderately heavy objects, as needed for programs and events.
- To perform necessary housekeeping duties (such as cleaning, floor waxing, trash pickup and disposal, dusting, mopping, laundry, coffee making, etc.) to make the facility visually appealing, clean and invitingly presentable.
- To perform regular maintenance, upkeep and grooming of the building and outside grounds including removal of snow/ice removal from sidewalks, steps and related locations.
- To assist in the maintenance of the electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and ventilating systems to keep them in running order.
- To provide suggestions and recommendations on the day to day building operations to the Building Superintendent.
- To work with the Building Superintendent on projects that require two or more persons to complete.
- To be a team-player as a cooperative and supportive person on a staff team through regular and effective communication, an enthusiastic and supportive attitude, and willing to adapt and be flexible in support of the needs of other staff, church volunteers and vendors.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Ann.Johnson@kalamazoofirstpres.org or fax to: 269-344-4645.