Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in REVOLUTION, which meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
- Fall 2018 Church School registration forms can be downloaded here: Church School 2018 Registration Form
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.
Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study
In each class of our study, “A Guide through the New Testament” and offers an introduction to a book (or two) of the New Testament, including charts, timelines, and short pieces on special topics. We will have an opportunity to discuss in the many open-ended questions that the text offers. We gather at 9:30 for coffee and conversation. Our study begins at 9:45 a.m. and dismisses at 11:00 a.m.. Childcare is provided by Jamie Tuin in the nursery. Please join the 20+ women who gather for fellowship each week.
Thoughtful Readers Book Group
Faithful, by Alice Hoffman, will be discussed by our Thoughtful Readers Book Group on Monday, April 22 at 7:00 p.m. in Room 300. Kathy Campbell will facilitate the discussion of this moving redemption story. Growing up on Long Island, Shelby is anordinary girl until one night an extraordinary tragedy changes her fate. In a novel “at once heartbreaking and uplifting, Hoffman explores a young woman’s recovery from tragedy with sympathy and grace.” [Booklist Review]
Everyone is welcome to join our discussion. For more information, please contact Kathy Campbell at (517) 803-0481.