Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in REVOLUTION, which meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.
Adult Education Offerings
Men’s Community Bible Study – “Man-Up!”
Wednesday’s at 4pm in Room 106 (off the dining room)
“Man-Up!” is an ecumenical endeavor reaching out to those who strive to become better men, brothers, sons, husbands, and citizens in life. We supplement our discussions with a book. We talk about character building and spiritual conception, and ways to incorporate them into our walk each day. We welcome men from both our community and our congregation.
The Luminous and Literary Web
Class presented by Seth Weeldreyer
Is this a weekly Tuesday Night thing? Need generic content please
Thursday Morning Bible Study
Thursday morning’s offer an adult bible study and fellowship. Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m., and the study begins at 9:45. New members are always welcome. Childcare is provided.
Now entering our 22nd year of reading books about how we might live, our Reading Aloud group is held on Sundays at 9:15 am in Room 300.
For more information, call Kim Cummings or Garrett Boersma (269) 344-0119.