Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in Youth Fellowship, which meets on Sunday evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
- Fall 2018 Church School registration forms can be downloaded here: Church School 2018 Registration Form
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.
Join Ray Wicks and Kurt Grossman in the Library every Sunday morning from 9:00-9:45 to discuss the scripture text for that day, and the ways it applies to everyday life.
Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study
Our new Advent study is A Season of Hope and Anticipation. Our lesson this week is based on the Gospel of Mark. Mark shows that God’s love and self-sacrifice ca be seen clearly even in times of desperation struggle and suffering. We meet on Thursday mornings at 9:30 for coffee, and at 9:45 for prayer and discussion. Come and join the 20 or more women who gather each week to make space for God and for fellowship.