Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
At-Home Study for Adults: Bible Interpretation 101 and Great Themes of the Bible
Life is about interpreting. It is a part of what we do every minute of every day. We filter experiences through our lenses and come to an understanding of the circumstances of our lives. When we study the Bible, we do the same thing. We interpret what we read, depending on what we’ve learned and heard.
Over the next several weeks, we will be looking at a general overview of Biblical interpretation, a historical review of how the Bible has been interpreted by leaders of the church through the centuries, and why we all interpret the Bible differently. Then, we will delve into “Great Themes of the Bible,” in which we will look at four major themes of the Bible and trace them through well-known Biblical stories. These studies will be available to download and print through the email announcements and in hard-copy form at the Lovell Street entrance and in the narthex, or you can email Pastor Chrissy to receive a copy: email@example.com.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in Youth Fellowship, which meets on Sunday evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.