Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in REVOLUTION, which meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.
Adult Education Offerings
Thoughtful Readers Book Group
The Secret Chord, by Geraldine Brooks, will be discussed by our Thoughtful Readers Book Group this Monday, April 23, at 7:00 p.m. in Room 300. “In her gorgeously written novel of ambition, courage, retribution, and triumph, Brooks imagines the life and character of King David of the Bible in all his complexity, from his humble childhood through old age.” [Booklist] New members are always welcome. For more information, contact Kathy Campbell at (517) 803-0481.
Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study
A new study based on the four gospel stories of the crucifixion and the resurrection. We meet at 9:30 for coffee, and our study begins at 9:45. Childcare is available in Room 306 with Jamie Tuin. We always encourage and welcome new members!
Allison Hammond and Donna Schonveld recently attended a 48-hour-long seminar (over a 3-month period) entitled Doing Our Own Work. As stated on the website (www.alliesforchange.org) “this intensive seminar is for white people who seek to deepen their commitment to confronting and challenging white racism and white privilege
where they live and work.” Allison and Donna are excited to share some of their thoughts and experiences with you. Come to help build a stronger foundation for our Sanctuary in the City. A list of resources will be available. We will meet at 11:15 on Sunday, May 6, in Room 301.