Children and adults can experience many meaningful learning experiences in lessons and activities as a result of well-planned and organized programming by our wonderful staff , teachers, Christian EducationCommittee members, and volunteers.
Nursery: Infants and children up to age 3 are invited to our nursery on the second floor (ML) during Worship.
- Children and youth meet in the sanctuary and are dismissed from worship service after the Moment with Young Worshipers, for participation in their respective programs.
- The youth participate in REVOLUTION, which meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. for activities and community volunteering opportunities.
- The Children and Youth Sunday Service in June during worship is a highlight for presenting lessons learned, music and a culmination of the year’s educational growth.
- Children and Youth Christmas Eve Service is enjoyed by many, and always beautifully presented with Scripture and music.
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the month of June, is an another important event. We are one of five downtown churches that supports this program. VBS is hosted at First Presbyterian Church.
- Summer activity trips, mission trips and work camp-community volunteer trips offer a variety of learning experiences for spiritual growth for youth and adult chaperones.
The Church Library, located on the mid-level of the building, has excellent books available for children and adults. A book rack is available in the Gathering Place on Sunday mornings.
Adult Education Offerings
READING ALOUD Please join us as we embark on Rachel Remen's wonderfully readable and inspiring My Grandfather's Blessings. We meet each Sunday morning at 9:15 (9:00 for coffee), read one of Remen's amazing stories aloud together, then relate her insights to our own lives. Drawn from her experience as granddaughter of an orthodox Jewish rabbi and from her work as doctor and counselor, Remen's work has won high praise: “One of the most extraordinarily moving books I have ever read”—Dean Ornish. Join us, in our cozy upstairs room 301, at 9:00/9:15 each Sunday.
Sunday Lectionary Class
This class meets every Sunday in Room 302, from 8:45-9:40 a.m. to read aloud, learn more about, and discuss the Bible passages which are the basis of that day’s sermon and service. Members of this group may volunteer to rotate leadership, but it’s not required. We invite allmembers of the congregation to participate in this enriching fellowship, whether regularly or occasionally.
Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study:
Join us for our Advent Season study, Spiritual Practices for the Season of Advent. (materials are available to all members of the congregation at our church entrances). Join us for coffee at 9:30. Our lesson begins at 9:45. Childcare is provided by Jamie Tuin in Room #306.
Wednesday Evening Women’s Bible Study
The womens’ Bible study will meet Wednesday, October 18 at 6:30 in Room #208 (next to the nursery) We will read and discuss James 4:11 – 5:6. Our study of James will conclude next month but we will start a new study in January.
Thoughtful Readers Book Group
Our Thoughtful Readers Book Group will meet on November 27 at 7:00 p.m. in Room300 to discuss “The Paris Wife by Paula McClain. A compelling story of ambition and betrayal, The Paris Wife captures a remarkable time: the expatriate lifestyle in 1920’s Paris, and a love affair between two unforgettable people— Ernest Hemingway and his wife, Hadley. New members are always welcome.